Banish Holiday Blemishes (in four easy & affordable steps)
Every December, on the day after Christmas, I wake up with a humongous inflamed pimple the size of Rudolph's nose. And I'm not the only one. Countless people around the world are gearing up for holiday parties, family gatherings, and New Year's bashes dreading their close and personal interactions because their skin never looked worse! I cannot tell you how many snap chats and picture messages I received from my girlfriends and family members whose skin had broken out over the holidays! Because of this, I want to give you some quick tips (that I use myself) to prevent and shorten the life span of Holiday Blemishes.
Preventing Holiday Pimples (4 Tips)
1. Change Your Pillowcase (1-2X a week)- this is a quick and easy way to keep your skin clear during the holidays. When I let my pillowcase linger longer than it should, my skin really pays the price.
2. Exfoliate Your Face- When dead skin cells build up, they have nothing else to do but congregate on your skin's surface and cause pesky pimples-- not to mention worsen the quality and clarity of your skin! Using a gentle exfoliant on your face 2-3X a week helps to prevent this from happening. Make sure to contact me for personalized exfoliation recommendations.
3. Counteract Your Food and Booze- We're all going to eat and drink more than we normally would, but it's important on your party "downtime" to up your game with lots of water, fruits/veggies, and health products that promote healthy skin. During the holidays, I always have flax seed oil on hand to slip in some fresh juice about once a day! Fatty acids in the flax seed oil are known to offer great benefits to hair, skin, and nails.
My Favorite Fresh Pressed Juice (for skin clarity): *2 Organic Grapefruit (lightly peeled)* 1 Bunch of Organic Flat Leaf Parsley* 1 handful of either Organic Kale or Organic Watercress*
4. Pack to Stay on Track- Many of us are traveling over the holidays and that makes it easy to get off track from our everyday skincare routine. Even if you stayed home for the holidays, you're probably staying out late, hosting company, or just plain out of sorts. Making it a point to stay on track with your skincare routine is easy if you plan ahead. During the holiday hustle and bustle, I lay out all my skincare products in order from day to night on the counter. This flags me in the morning and evening to continue my routine. For travel, I like to have a skincare bag on hand so that when I sleep out, I have no excuse to sleep with makeup on-- bags already packed!
Curing Holiday Pimples (4 remedies that shorten the lifespan of your pimple)
1. Face Mask It- When I'm at home, I dot my favorite face mask directly on my (freshly cleaned) pimple and let it dry real well, leaving it on for a couple of hours. This home remedy helps to dry out my pimple while I'm working around the house. I usually do this right when I wake up and leave it on for 30 min to 2 hours depending on how busy I am at home. Make sure to contact me for personalized face mask recommendations.
2. Raw Honey- When I have to run errands or go to the gym, I will dab a small amount of Really Raw Honey on my pimple. Raw honey contains antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that thwart bacteria as well as calm redness and irritation. Raw honey is also good for the "drying out phase" of your pimples life because it breeds moisture on your dry skin while still blocking bacteria.
3. Patchouli For Your Pimple- I use pure patchouli oil on a pesky pimple only at night because it has a very distinct odor and color. Patchouli works well in stimulating the regeneration of skin, speeding up healing, and preventing ugly scars. I find that it dries my pimple out throughout the night! Young Living and Doterra are direct sale essential oil companies and are brands that I use and can highly recommend. I can put you in touch with people that sell these products if you are interested.
4. Drying Lotion- When I snap chatted my product junkie/makeup artist/esthetician friend a quick pic of my Christmas zit, she immediately responded with... "That's a big one! Try Mario Badesco Drying Lotion." I didn't have to go that far because my home remedies in steps 1-3 killed that sucker in 2 days, but I will be buying the drying lotion to have on hand for next year's Christmas zit!