Applying Foundation and Concealer (a how-to video)
I am excited to share my 1st video in a series of how-to's created by Serena from Creative Ideation. I wanted to show my readers a foolproof, easy, and flawless way to apply everyday foundation and concealer. Watch, Learn, and Glow!!
Written Instructions: Applying Foundation
1. Identify the best shade of foundation for your coloring.
2. Submerge blending sponge for 3 seconds under water. Squeeze excess water from the blending sponge with your hands over sink.
3. Wrap blending sponge in a towel to remove any excess water.
4. Place the foundation on the back of your hand. Dab blending sponge into the foundation. I use the round end to start with.
5. Press round end of blending sponge with foundation onto your face. First apply where you need the most coverage and last apply where you need the least amount of coverage. Repeat steps 5-7 if more coverage is needed.
Written Instructions: Applying Concealer:
1. Identify the best shade of concealer for your coloring.
2. Dip your brush into the concealer and spread on the back of your hand.
3. Dab concealer brush onto any blemishes and blend. Blend concealer under your eye. (I blend from the inner corner of the eye to the outer eye area.)
* When working the concealer under your eye make sure to be very gentle because the skin is very thin in the under eye area.
*A little tip for under eye concealer: determine where redness and darkness occur near your eyes and conceal there.
Under Eye Redness: Many people have redness under their water line right above the bottom lashes so in this case, the concealer is best used closer to the bottom lash line.
Darkness Under Eye: Many people (including myself) have darkness under the eye area, so the concealer should be placed lower in the under eye area. A good starting point to determine where to place the concealer is to touch your nose midway from top to bottom and conceal to the right and left under the eye next to the nose.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers from The Makeup Chic:
How can I determine the best foundation and concealer for me?
The best way to determine the correct color of foundation and concealer for you is to consult with a makeup artist who has experience in foundation matching. Your makeup artist can help to determine your coloring and whether you have warmer undertones or cooler undertones. Your makeup artist will help direct you to a few different foundation colors that you can mix and change with the seasons. Personally, I have 3 different foundation colors on hand and I like to mix them when the color of my skin is in between seasons.
If you want to DIY foundation matching, the best way to match the foundation is on your jawline and not your hand. I start at my jawline and blend in to see if the foundation is a good match for me!